We have purchased some Masterpiece series beans from the world-renowned Da Terra Farm. We were the sole bidder, which means these beans are exclusively available from Philocoffea. You'll want to order ASAP to avoid missing out!
• Limited quantities will be made available each week.
• The stock will be replenished each Sunday at 10:00 JST until it runs out.
• These are a medium-light roast.
• If you would like it ground, please let us know in the remarks box.
About Da Terra Farm
Initially, the company wasn't involved in the coffee industry. The owner's interest in sustainable activities led to the creation of a coffee division, which began production in 1987. "Da Terra" means "From The Earth" in Portuguese. The farm's mission is to maximize the value of the coffee they produce while protecting the natural environment.
Da Terra Farm created the Penta System, a quality control protocol that carefully monitors production, harvesting, selection, sorting, and storage. As a result of its innovative system and dedication to environmental friendliness, Da Terra Farm won a national award for being Brazil's most sustainable farm.
They continue to produce excellent coffee in harmony with the region's natural environment and contribute to the growth of the coffee industry.
About the Masterpiece Classification
Da Terra Farms' coffees are divided into three main categories.
• Experimental lots that represent less than 1% of the export volume.
• Experimental varieties or new trials in harvesting and selection methods.
• Some auction lots belong to this category.
• Stored in special Penta Box packaging, green beans are transported worldwide in optimal conditions.
• This high-quality category accounts for about 25% of the export volume.
• In contrast to the Classics category, it is characterized by more acidity, fruitiness, and complex balance.
• This main category accounts for about 75% of export volume.
• As the name "Classics" suggests, it has the traditional Brazilian flavors of nutty and chocolate.
Only the highest rated lots, less than 1% of Da Terra's lots, are selected for Masterpiece. Each year there is a theme. The 2021 theme was "Constellations," with a specific constellation assigned to each of the 15 auction lots offered as Masterpieces.
Philocoffea was the sole bidder for the deer constellation. We chose these beans because they are so incredibly delicious and satisfying while embodying the spirit of unity and compassion.
This time the process is Masterpiece's specialty, anaerobic fermentation. An anaerobic process has been attracting attention in recent years for its ability to produce unique flavors. Da Terra's anaerobic process is recognized worldwide for its technical prowess and a high degree of perfection. The company has been researching anaerobic fermentation for more than ten years.
Texture & Taste Notes
You'll first notice how smoothly the liquid moves over your tongue. The wonderful texture convinced us this was a true masterpiece. When warm, it tastes like watermelon or honey.
As it cools to a medium temperature, flavors reminiscent of strawberry jam, rosé, and yellow peach emerge, adding complexity. The changes will be complex from beginning to end, with a sweet richness like tortoiseshell candy and yogurt.
The superb quality of this coffee is truly undeniable.
Supporting Sustainable Coffee Production
High-quality, sustainably produced coffee is only commercially viable to the extent that we choose to consume it. We believe in Da Terra Farm's operating philosophy and invite you to join us in appreciating their truly superb coffee.
• Farm: Da Terra
• Area: Minas Gerais, Cerrado District, Brazil
• Altitude: 1,000–1,100 m • Varietal: Geisha
• Processing: Naturally anaerobic
• Taste Notes: Smooth, watermelon, honey, strawberry jam, rosé wine, yellow peach, candy cane, yogurt