[World Champion Series] 003 Ethiopia Tomodachi 2022-23
Regular price ¥1,900
Unit price per
We're excited to share with you the latest addition to our family of blends - Tomodachi. Our newest signature coffee is sure to delight your taste buds and become a new favorite.
What sets Tomodachi apart from other blends? This coffee is created with the intention of building friendships, not just between the coffee drinkers and Philocoffea, but also between Philocoffea and our local partner farms. The Tetsu Process, a double anaerobic method developed in partnership with these farms, results in a coffee that is not only delicious but also ethically sourced. Only the ripest cherries are selected and processed, resulting in a cup of coffee that is clear and well-balanced.
We believe that Tomodachi is the perfect blend to share with friends and family, and we hope you'll agree. As always, we appreciate your continued support of Philocoffea.
Join Us On Our Quest to Be the World's Best Coffee
This World Champion Series coffee is the result of a collaboration between a local farm, Taiwanese exporter Tri-Up Coffee, and Kasuya to create the ultimate coffee experience. This special blend is made using a method that Kasuya invented and proposed himself—the Double Anaerobic Honey refining method.
This project, now in its third year in Ethiopia, is a long-term commitment to perfecting the taste and quality of our coffee. Philocoffea dedicates itself to investing in equipment and using a portion of sales to support the capital investment each year. When you purchase the World Champion Series, you're not just buying a bag of coffee—you're investing in the annual improvement and refinement of the taste. If you tried it last year, you can taste the difference in this year's batch. Join us on our journey to create the world's best coffee.
Step-by-Step: The Kasuya Process
Our signature Double Anaerobic Honey Process is a unique method of fermenting coffee cherries to create a complex and sweet flavor. Here's a breakdown of the process:
1. Only ripe cherries are hand-picked for the process.
2. The cherries are packed into sealed tanks and left to ferment for 2 days in water at a low temperature.
3. The cherries are removed from the tanks and put through a pulper to remove the pulp.
4. The pulp and parchment are collected and placed back in the sealed tanks (reusing the pulp instead of discarding it).
5. The tanks are sealed again and the process in step 2 is repeated.
6. The cherries are removed from the tanks and move on to the honey process.
7. The final product has a unique aroma of bananas and mangoes, aged to perfection, that sets it apart from traditional coffee fermentation methods.
We are dedicated to creating the best coffee in the world and we hope you'll join us on this journey. While we are still working on mastering this process, your support helps us continue investing in our equipment and techniques to achieve this goal.
Try a bag and taste the difference your support makes.
• Farm: Wate
• Producer：Local Farmers
• Area：Hambela, Guji
• Altitude: 2,250-2,450 meters
• Varietal: JARC
• Production: The Tetsu Process (A double-stage fermentation process where whole cherries are fermented for 5 days, then depulped and fermented for an additional 2 days in parchment before being finished honey style.)
• Taste Notes: Grape, red wine, dark chocolate, raisins, whiskey, dried fig, blueberry, aromatic, yellow peach, transparent